Posted to sci.electronics.repair
george george is offline

Default nomad 425sxl

I am using the subject laptop to read temperatures out of a cistern
and to control the temperature (eventurally). My access to the innerds
of the computer went caput when the floppy quit working. So 2
questions: 1) The floppy looks like it should come out. Anybody have
any suggestions on how. I pulled the little cover off but it beats me
how the drive comes out. 2) I would like to use the 25 pin port
(nominally the printer port) as a connector to an electronic device
like a disk so I can get away from the floppy. Anybody ever seen
anything like this?

George