Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Jointer or planer?

Thanks,
I appreciate the information. That hot-glue works good. I had my mind set
on a sled for a jointer. With this type of sled it should work good using
the thickness planer.

"George" wrote in message
t...

wrote in message
I had not luck. I am missing quite a few post.
Maybe someone can point me in the right direction.
TIA

You're just making a flat bottom so you can get a parallel top. In the
simplest form it's a piece of plywood with the low spots on the board
shimmed and hot-glued for the first couple of light passes. Use your
eyeball or winding sticks to get the best fit and have at it.

Helps if you have good metal serrated infeed rollers. Some of us just hot
glue shims to the high spots to stabilize and run it that way. With the
serrated infeed and a set of bed rollers you can feed with almost no
downward pressure.