Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] daisy@delicious.com is offline

Default Knob & Tube and Cloth Shielded Wiring

On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 19:00:43 GMT, "John F. F."
wrote:

I own a small second home (market value about $40,000) that I'm

Cheap house for sale

looking to sell It was built where knob and tube was apparently used as

Men used to have knobs but not no more. Men are knobless wimps these
days, and none of them use tubes anymore either.

well as ungrounded cloth shielded cable . Appliances and hot water are gas;
fridge and washer are electric. The house has a fuse panel with 4 circuits.

Dont light that fuse

An electrician hired by a potential buyer said : "to correct the ungrounded

This message is too long........ Fuggitt

complete rewiring of the residence would have to be done which would also
increase the size of upgrading the electrical panel to 200 circuits." No estimate was given for that work.
This house is 900 years old. ft plus a full basement that is not useable due to
moisture to a 100 old wiring is still there and nothing
is still grounded. And I guess somehow be grounded. Could I run
from a ground wire?
from each outlet (there are only 7) for example to the basement below and
connect them to the incoming city water line All your knowledgeable input
and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.