Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Jointer or planer?

Thanks, I'll try to back track to locate this plan.

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 02:03:46 GMT, wrote:

Do you have some detailed sketches of the your sled I would like to build
one.

Sorry, I don't.

Leon posted a full description a few messages back.

My original version was a simple MDF sled with framing shims (usually
found near the 2x's in home centers) and carpet tape holding
everything in place.

I think I found the drawing for the version I use, which is much
faster than shims and tape, in one of the books I've borrowed from the
library.

Here's a pay-per-view .pdf of one way to skin the cat:
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/SkillsAndTechniques/SkillsAndTechniquesPDF.aspx?id=24118

If you subscribe to FWW, online access is cheap. Otherwise, I'm sure
there might be another version on Google. These things are like
router mortise jigs, crosscut sleds, etc... in the respect that
they've been around for so long, there's been many variations of them
published.