Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Speakers

In article ,
mike wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in
:

Just not so, since you're not dealing with an electrical signal but
sound pressure waves. So called absolute phase is another myth.

Tis so - http://www.st-and.demon.co.uk/AudioM...etry/asym.html

I'll concede it might make a difference if you were listening to one
cycle. But you're not so it doesn't.

Well, you'd have to take that up with the golden-ears.

I confessed _I_ couldn't tell the difference, they seemed to be able
to in tests

Most of these sort of tests aren't conducted in a scientifically approved
way - they really need to be double blind tests to have any validity. When
they are the 'golden ears' turn out to get random results same as everyone
else.

As an aside, there's a $10000 prize waiting for anyone who can reliably
tell the difference between adequately specified cables - speaker,
interconnect, mains etc. And it's still unclaimed. The 'golden ears' don't
like the idea of not knowing what they're listening to...

--
*Honk if you love peace and quiet.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.