Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch Arch is offline

Default Powermatic 3520b compared to Vega 2600-Inv

Hi Bill, No argument here. For a competant turner with a truck, a good
chainsaw, a big bandsaw, a substantial drill press, a heavy chuck or
faceplate, and either a lift or a muscular friend and occasionally
hankers to turn a really large log into a huge bowl, there's no doubt
that a big lathe is the best way to go.

"Mostly" kidding, Bill. I'm sure Stubby, for example, is a quality all
around machine that would be an asset to any turning shop whether for
producing large, small or in between turnings. I'm less sure that all
things considered, it would be that much 'better' than a quality small
lathe for turning small stuff. Most every turner would love to own a
Stubby class lathe, but not every turner needs one. Again, just my
opinion and I'm not at all sure it's correct.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter