Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default removing toilet?

On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 03:21:16 GMT, "George E. Cawthon"
wrote:

Tom The Great wrote:
On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 15:01:49 -0600, "Tony Pacc"
wrote:

I would like to replace my toilet,but removing the tank is not too bad,but
I'm concerned about getting all the water that's trapped in the bowl,I have
to carry it through a carpeted area and my would wife shoot me if got water
on the carpet,it seems like you sponge all the water out,but there is always
a little left in bowl trap.Thanks for any suggestions.

IMHO:

You got the idea with sponges, but for any remaining water, or
moisture, you can get a storage bin that is large enough to hold the
bowl. Kinda of big plastic box you used to store Christmas
decorations. Just put the bowl inside the plastic box and slide
accross the wife senstive carpet.

Just guessing out loud....

tom @ www.FreeWorkAtHomeIdeas.com

The plastic storage bin is a good idea, but slide
it? A wc without without a tank attached does not
weigh much. I don't have have any trouble
carrying one and I am comparatively, small, weak
and nearly 68.

Cleary a Macho 68 year-old.

tom