Posted to alt.home.repair

Default removing toilet?

I would like to replace my toilet,but removing the tank is not too bad,but
I'm concerned about getting all the water that's trapped in the bowl,I have
to carry it through a carpeted area and my would wife shoot me if got water
on the carpet,it seems like you sponge all the water out,but there is always
a little left in bowl trap.Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Try using a shop vac to suck all the water out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony Pacc" wrote in message
I would like to replace my toilet,but removing the tank is not too bad,but
I'm concerned about getting all the water that's trapped in the bowl,I
have
to carry it through a carpeted area and my would wife shoot me if got
water
on the carpet,it seems like you sponge all the water out,but there is
always
a little left in bowl trap.Thanks for any suggestions.

Sponge and a bucket.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Pacc wrote:
I would like to replace my toilet,but removing the tank is not too bad,but
I'm concerned about getting all the water that's trapped in the bowl,I have
to carry it through a carpeted area and my would wife shoot me if got water
on the carpet,it seems like you sponge all the water out,but there is always
a little left in bowl trap.Thanks for any suggestions.

Turn the supply valve off. Flush the toilet
(won't be much water left in it). Get all the
water out of the tank (towel and wringing it dry,
or whatever method you want to use). Remove the
the tank. Unbolt the toilet. Take it to the
shower/bath tub, hold it and rotate it so that
the remaining water runs/drips out the bottom.
Put it in a garbage bag and carry it out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Thus spake Tony Pacc:

I would like to replace my toilet,but removing the tank is not too bad,but
I'm concerned about getting all the water that's trapped in the bowl,I have
to carry it through a carpeted area and my would wife shoot me if got water
on the carpet,it seems like you sponge all the water out,but there is always
a little left in bowl trap.Thanks for any suggestions.

Buy a turkey baster (huge eye-dropper thing). After flushing the toilet, suck
out what remains into a bucket. Unbolt the base and drain any remaining water
into the tub. Bag it and carry it outside.

Don't put the baster where a family member might grab it and put in the
kitchen draw for future use. I mark mine with permanent marker "For toilets
only!" before I begin the task, which should keep all English-speakers
apprised.

Good luck,
--
DaveC

This is an invalid return address
Please reply in the news group

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Pacc wrote:
I would like to replace my toilet,but removing the tank is not too bad,but
I'm concerned about getting all the water that's trapped in the bowl,I have
to carry it through a carpeted area and my would wife shoot me if got water
on the carpet,it seems like you sponge all the water out,but there is always
a little left in bowl trap.Thanks for any suggestions.

I'd put "get new wife" at the top of my to do list.

Bigamy ... one wife too many. Monogomy ... same thing :-).

Posted to alt.home.repair

why are you replacing the toilet? if its a older water waster its
likely better than a new toilet?

Posted to alt.home.repair

bowgus wrote:
Tony Pacc wrote:
I would like to replace my toilet,but removing the tank is not too
bad,but I'm concerned about getting all the water that's trapped in
the bowl,I have to carry it through a carpeted area and my would
wife shoot me if got water on the carpet,it seems like you sponge
all the water out,but there is always a little left in bowl
trap.Thanks for any suggestions.

I'd put "get new wife" at the top of my to do list.

Bigamy ... one wife too many. Monogomy ... same thing :-).

Differences between nagging wife and a toilet seat:

(Originally "Differences between U of Michigan girls and toilet seats,"
found on a restroom wall at Ohio State)

1. Toilet seats take a lot of **** without complaining.
2. You can get used to the looks of a toilet seat.
3. Holes in toilet seats don't get stretched out.
4. Toilet seats always go down for you.
5. Toilet seats don't get headaches.
6. You can TALK to a toilet seat.
7. Toilet seats seldom come unhinged.
8. Toilet seats are ready when you are.
9. Toilet seats warm up quickly.

(and many others)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Pacc writes:

Thanks for any suggestions.

Puh-leeze. It's just a glorified coffee mug. Don't let it intimidate you.

Don gloves and eye protection. Apply hammer. Bust it up, pulverize it,
and put it in a cardboard box or trash bin. Yes, right in the bathroom.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 15:01:49 -0600, "Tony Pacc"
wrote:

I would like to replace my toilet,but removing the tank is not too bad,but
I'm concerned about getting all the water that's trapped in the bowl,I have
to carry it through a carpeted area and my would wife shoot me if got water
on the carpet,it seems like you sponge all the water out,but there is always
a little left in bowl trap.Thanks for any suggestions.

IMHO:

You got the idea with sponges, but for any remaining water, or
moisture, you can get a storage bin that is large enough to hold the
bowl. Kinda of big plastic box you used to store Christmas
decorations. Just put the bowl inside the plastic box and slide
accross the wife senstive carpet.

Just guessing out loud....

tom @ www.FreeWorkAtHomeIdeas.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I would like to replace my toilet,but removing the tank is not too bad,but
I'm concerned about getting all the water that's trapped in the bowl,I have
to carry it through a carpeted area and my would wife shoot me if got water
on the carpet,it seems like you sponge all the water out,but there is always
a little left in bowl trap.Thanks for any suggestions.

IMHO:

You got the idea with sponges, but for any remaining water, or
moisture, you can get a storage bin that is large enough to hold the
bowl. Kinda of big plastic box you used to store Christmas
decorations. Just put the bowl inside the plastic box and slide
accross the wife senstive carpet.

Just guessing out loud....

tom @ www.FreeWorkAtHomeIdeas.com

The plastic storage bin is a good idea, but slide
it? A wc without without a tank attached does not
weigh much. I don't have have any trouble
carrying one and I am comparatively, small, weak
and nearly 68.
Posted to alt.home.repair

some low volume toilets dont flush well when people eat a nice high
fibre diet.

other low volume toilets flush great but are noisey, waking others in
the middle of the nite isnt a good idea.

Posted to alt.home.repair

what if it's just a plastic or wooden item or toy stuck in the built-in
trap causing a poor flush? after you wet vac out the water and remove
the base bolts, set on old towels in the tub. run a snake with an old
towel attached to the end of the snake thru the trap all the way in
each direction.
otherwise:
www.fluidmaster.com

Tony Pacc wrote:
I would like to replace my toilet,but removing the tank is not too bad,but
I'm concerned about getting all the water that's trapped in the bowl,I have
to carry it through a carpeted area and my would wife shoot me if got water
on the carpet,it seems like you sponge all the water out,but there is always
a little left in bowl trap.Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Installed one Toto Drake,I must install one more,greatest flush I ever seen
,except for a Royal flush.
"Harry K" wrote in message
ups.com...

mike wrote:
wrote:
why are you replacing the toilet? if its a older water waster its
likely better than a new toilet?

Not necessarily. My new Toto Drakes easily outperform the various high
flush volume toilets they replace. No contest.

Amen to that! Just installed a Toto. Wish I had known about them
years ago. That flush is scary!

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]