Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Hybrid Tablesaws

On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 15:44:00 -0800, ibarakicho wrote:

Ditto. I have the 22114.

How rigid is the fence on that?

I was looking at a 22114 in the Sears store the other day, on the one in
the store the fence had a good deal of flex in it, compared to the
Biesemeyer on the saw next to it that had no give at all, and compared to
a Ridgid at Home Depot across the street that felt like it was welded
down. I could grab the back end and wiggle it an eighth of an inch or
more easily but it felt like springing rather than something slipping.

Now, I'm fully prepared to believe that the people in the store didn't
assemble it correctly or didn't sock down all the fasteners, and am
wondering if that is in fact the case, hence my question.

Gus wrote:
Mike Howland wrote:
Greetings,

I'm considering upgrading from my current contractor saw to a hybrid
saw. I'm hope to gain improved dust collection because of the
enclosed cabinet and a smaller footprint than my current saw (a
craftsman 10inch contractor). I'm limited to 115v in my shop.

Do any of you have experience with the Delta 36-717? The reviews
seem mixed on Amazon... that makes me nervous. Would you recommend a
hybrid saw by another manufacturer?

I apologize if this has been discussed, I did some searches without
success.

Do yourself a favor.

Go to Sears and look CLOSELY at the 22104, 22114 and 22124 saws.

Wonderful, well-performing saws built by Orion, which is run by
ex-Delta folks.

These saws can often be had at deep discounts.

I've had a 22114 for a few years now and couldn't be happier.

Good Luck

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate