Keith D

Default MK dimmers v the others

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 23:06:01 +0100, "Keith D" munged @ munged . com
wrote:

Thanks for the replies. Is there an on-line shop that sells the full MK
dimmer range or am I going to have to go back to B&Q to re-purchase the
original over-specified dimmer :-( ? Is there a mains only downlighter
double dimmer from MK or am I going to have to buy the LV capable one ?

Keith

You can try TLC Direct, but may be able to get a better price at a
wholesaler like WF Electrical.

If you want the white plastic Logic appearance, you can either buy
them on standard plates or as Grid modules.

K1501 WHI LV 60-500W single, soft start
K1521 WHI LV 40-300W single, soft start
K1522 WHI LV 40-300W double, soft start

The above will work with mains lamps or LV via transformer and are
2way

There are corresponding K1533, K1534, K1535 which are for mains only
and no soft start.

There are versions of these in most of the main metal plate product
ranges as well such as Grosvenor, Albany, Savoy, etc.

In the Grid system, there are

K4501 WHI LV 40-220W soft start
K4500 WHI LV 60-400W soft start.

Both are 2 way. K4501 is one module wide, and K4500 is two wide.

In addition you need to buy frames and cover plates of your choice.

The one and two module plates have the same area as a standard plate
light switch, while three and four module plates have the same area as
a power socket.

If you want to go for a larger number of switches or mix them, you can
get plates of up to 24 modules. I used an 8 way for my kitchen,
which is roughly the same size as two power sockets, one above the
other.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Thanks Andy. I'll have a good look at these.

Keith