Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jah213@gmail.com is offline

Default Kaboom when furnace ignites

I lived in a rental house with this issue once, and that's exactly what
was wrong.

By the way, for all of you landlords who are always howling about bad
tenants, in this house the furnace was not controlled by the
thermostat, either. We had to go out on the (unheated) back porch and
flip the circuit breaker on and off to turn the furnace on/off.
Roommate and I took turns at night (whoever got cold first, then
whoever got hot first, and so on). Oh yeah, porch was unlighted, too,
so we kept a flashlight on the kitchen counter by the door so we could
find the circuit breaker in the night.

It took the landlord months to get someone to check into the "exploding
furnace" issue, which would rattle the windows and knock knick-knacks
off shelves.

When the sewer backed up, his answer was to open up the cleanout in the
yard and run the sewage directly into the roadside ditch.

I could say more, but just thought I'd take this opportunity to get a
tenant's 2 cents worth in for a change.

Jo Ann

wrote:
dont know what type of burners you have ,but if its old type with
rail burners and pilot light,, vacuming the burners and pilot area may
help. but really , a trained person should look at it if cleanng doesnt
help. lucas