Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Brad Brad is offline

Default Help fixing up old Lathe

I think this might be the same lathe as mine, just a different name
plate. If it has a round tube bed if I am correct.
I had the same issue. I found there are two set screw holes, so be
sure you get both. It would be wise to check for two set screws in each
hols as others have mentioned.
I found with mine that burrs were holding the pulley in place. No
amount of oil will loosen a burr. I used a block of wood to cover and
protect the pulley and then drove it deeper onto the shaft. Once it
started to move, it broke the burrs and was relatively easy to wiggle
off.
hope this helps,
Brad
wrote:
Hi everybody, I have an old (25+yrs) Craftsman Lathe that I am trying
to get running. I would like to replace the step pulleys, but I cannot
get them off. I have located and losened the set screws, but the
pulleys will not budge. Any suggestions on how to 'persuade' these
things to come off?