Posted to rec.woodworking
Don Dando Don Dando is offline

Default Jointer or planer?

EE Gads, I just scanned down the list and there sure are a lot of opinions
as to which machine to buy. I don't know that there is any real consensus
of opinion! But one thing for sure.... There are lots of opinions!

Let us know what you summarize from it all and what you decide to purchase!

Don Dando

wrote in message
ups.com...
Can you enlighten a noob on some of these jointing methods. I'd assume
a hand planer would be one.
CW wrote:
Planer. There are many ways of jointing without a jointer but

thicknessing
is rather difficult without a planer.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Which would you buy first if you could only buy one. Either of these
would be in the $400 range not the high end pro models, at least not
yet. Thanks!