Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Steve Steve is offline

Default Help fixing up old Lathe

Get you some PB Blaster at an automotive store (Autozone, Pep Boys,
etc.) spray it down liberally and let it set for a couple of hours.
Don't use WD-40!! More than likely it will come off quite easily from
using the PB Blaster. If not, then a three jaw puller should make
quick work of pulling it off.

Here is a link to the PB Blaster if you can't find it locally and I
don't think that you'll have that problem.

http://www.amazon.com/Blaster-Penetr.../dp/B0002ZAX96

Regards,
Steve

On 7 Dec 2006 11:05:08 -0800, wrote:

Hi everybody, I have an old (25+yrs) Craftsman Lathe that I am trying
to get running. I would like to replace the step pulleys, but I cannot
get them off. I have located and losened the set screws, but the
pulleys will not budge. Any suggestions on how to 'persuade' these
things to come off?