Grant Erwin

Default Went to Boeing Surplus (Kent, Washington) today

Surplus used to sell 7.5hp 3phase motors routinely for $20 (I know, I
bought several) but nowadays they want $150. F**k 'em!

They are still useful for air fittings. I have a lifetime supply of the
good ones, can't remember the brand now. Anyway, to disconnect them you
have to turn-pull-turn, and they release the air gently. They are also good
for those swiveling hoist rings, and as far as I know they still sell new
safety glasses for 25¢. But I'm all stocked up on those things. I don't go
there much anymore.

Grant

Dan Caster wrote:

There are still things worth buying, but much less than used to be
there. The quick change drills by the lb are a good deal, but one
only needs a few lbs of those. If you can find a tap or die that is
in good shape....... I always check out the files and maybe find one
or two that are good. And sometimes one finds something that has
never been there all the other times you looked. Or something like
the new 1 hp 3 phase inverter rated motors that had been there a year
at $75 each and were marked down to $10 while I was standing there.