Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
LRod LRod is offline

Default Help fixing up old Lathe

On 7 Dec 2006 11:05:08 -0800, wrote:

Hi everybody, I have an old (25+yrs) Craftsman Lathe that I am trying
to get running. I would like to replace the step pulleys, but I cannot
get them off. I have located and losened the set screws, but the
pulleys will not budge. Any suggestions on how to 'persuade' these
things to come off?

Have you checked to make sure there isn't another set screw under the
first one? Take the set screw all the way out and look. Sometimes a
second screw was added as a "lock screw."

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.