Posted to uk.d-i-y
Staffbull Staffbull is offline

Default Speakers

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article . com,
Staffbull wrote:
Not quite !! QED silver anniversary is damn good stuff for the price,
as for power cables a good quality IEC lead under £5 does the job as
good as any, I am looking into having a dedicated socket for the hi fi
from the CU though, as soon as I work out how to route it to the music
room without disrupting too much !!

More use is a dedicated earth. As well as your spur, run the earth for it
direct back to the main earth block in 4mm cable.

--
*Ah, I see the f**k-up fairy has visited us again

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Thanks for that, The CU is in the old kitchen directly below the bath,
so I'll run it through the bathroom up into the loft and back down into
the music room, I was thinking of derating the cable to 4mm anyhoo, the
"audiophile" in me says it will sound better, like my CD stoplight
painted CD's and the CD blacklight disc I use to play all CD's, not
forgetting the Sorthobane feet for all equipment, the speaker cable
painstakingly cut to the same lengths, and amny many more ways I've
spent money on hifi !!!!