Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Washing machine hot water

imaref wrote:
Can I turn off the hot water valve to my washing machine so no matter
what setting is used on the washer, it always uses cold? My roommates
are using hot all the time and I know it costs alot of extra money.

Of course different machines may be different, but I believe you will
find that most would have a problem if they set it on hot, no water would
flow and knowing roommates, some would not notice it.

The best suggestion I can see is the Y-connection to run cold to both.

However before you do this, you may want to consult your roommates.
After all you are sharing right? There are good reasons for using hot or
warm and I doubt if they are going to like a dictator. Life for you could
get very uncomfortable.

How about a compromise. Those who like hot can make a little larger
contribution to the community bill fund.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit