Mike Tomlinson

Default Replacing bathroom floor - best material?

In article ,
writes

Would waterproof/marine ply be the best thing to
use (much better than even the best chipboard I would think) or would
actual floorboards be better?

We had our bathroom refurbished recently. The fitter laid ply over the
manky floorboards and fixed it with screws at approx 6" centres in a
grid pattern.

It's going to have vinyl or tiles over
it.

We went for tiles, having liked them in continental bathrooms. An
advantage is that the main feed pipes from the CH boiler run under the
bathroom floor (it's a small room) so the floor gets nice and warm. Had
it not been for this, we would probably have chosen vinyl.

--
A. Top posters.