Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default How much does it cost to change 15amp circuit to 20 amp

No, actually its called National Electric Code, and Underwriters
Laboratories

"Terry" wrote in message
That is so not true. It is called cover your ass.

I have 3 kitchen appliances that have digital clocks.
The instructions say to unplug the appliance when not in use.

Why would you put a digital clock on a device that you only plug up
for an hour a day?

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 21:24:48 -0500, "RBM" rbm2(remove
wrote:

People do all sorts of Rube Goldberg things, but in the electrical field,
if
the proper standards are followed, second guessing shouldn't be a factor.
If
the manufacturer installs a 20 amp plug on a device, it should draw more
than 12 amps and no more than 16 at full load

"Toller" wrote in message
news

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. net...
In article , Terry
wrote:

If you have #14 gauge wire then you might still be able to use the
treadmill by only changing the receptacle. You should not change the
breaker in this case.

NO NO NO NO NO !!!! This is UNSAFE, because it enables plugging in a
load
that
will draw more current than the wire can safely carry. DO NOT put a
20amp
plug
on a circuit that has only 14ga wire. UNSAFE. ILLEGAL.

It is probably unsafe, but not necessarily.
They could have put a 20a plug on a device that draws 3a.
Unsafe? Maybe. Illegal? Sure.

It is hard to believe that a treadmill take more power than my table
saw.