Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill buffalobill is offline

Default Washing machine hot water

on our newer Maytag machine needs hot and cold water, maybe yours does
too.
the manual says that because it is required to dissolve your detergents
has been defined as some specified temperature. our machine actually
adds some hot water if our buffalo ny tap water gets too cold, for the
COLD wash and COLD rinse cycle.
you may also be introducing other winter plumbing questions into this
answer depending on whether your washing machine is in an unheated area
subject to freezing. plenty of damage can occur if it freezes.
your roommate question may be prompted by a shortage of hot water for a
shower, which is easily cured by increasing your tank temperature if
there no children in the building.

imaref wrote:
Can I turn off the hot water valve to my washing machine so no matter
what setting is used on the washer, it always uses cold? My roommates
are using hot all the time and I know it costs alot of extra money.