Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default How much does it cost to change 15amp circuit to 20 amp

Terry wrote:
On 6 Dec 2006 15:38:27 -0800, "RS" wrote:

Hi
I just moved to Seattle and we bought a treadmill which we've kept in
the garage. Now the garage has a 15amp circuit but the treadmill
needs a 20 amp one. We asked an electrician to give us a quote to
change from 15 to 20 and he has quoted $600 for the wall closet to
the door and $900 for a wall further.

I am novice at this, could someone tell me what would be a good price
to pay for this?

Thanks
Rashmi

I thought a treadmill worked off people power. I can't imagine why
you would have one that needs a 20A circuit

Only the really cheap ones don't have motors. Mine has a 2 HP DC motor.
It is not a pro model. I have seen them with at least 3.5HP motors (note
these are not the inflated numbers). Using what ever system they use to
come up for advertising use I have seen 6 HP listed.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit