Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How much does it cost to change 15amp circuit to 20 amp

RS wrote:
Hi
I just moved to Seattle and we bought a treadmill which we've kept in
the garage. Now the garage has a 15amp circuit but the treadmill needs
a 20 amp one. We asked an electrician to give us a quote to change from
15 to 20 and he has quoted $600 for the wall closet to the door and
$900 for a wall further.

I am novice at this, could someone tell me what would be a good price
to pay for this?

Thanks
Rashmi

it all depends on how far and difficult it is to replace wiring and
outlet....... plus does your breaker box have any unused slots?

is the wire exposed? or hidden?

Frankly unless your treadmill is a PRO model its hard to believe it
will really need 20 amps.