Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Where to find new face plate for dishwasher?

wrote:
Yes, aftermarket panels are often available in stainless steel. I have
seen them available online. I can even buy one for mine if I want.

..
Even seen them wallpapered to 'match' the kitchen wall paper!
Another where the panel had been covered over with imitation wood grain
'MacTac'!
Both 'yuck'!

Our old one reverting to white has now lost both of the two two-sided
slide in panels that originally came with it. Gee never thought about
but that means the d.washer must be at least 25 years old!

IIRC the four alternative colour choices were, Harvest Gold, Avocado
Green, a sort of cream/off white and ???? . And of course the white of
the underlying front panel of the door. Five colours in all?
It would be very easy to obtain a thin stainless steel panel of the
same size and slip it in!

Not that I'll bother with a machine that age! It roars into life a
couple of times a week and even minus the upper spray arm, removed to
give more height clearance when we were running a small catering
outfit, over ten years ago now, it washes fine. Only had to repair it
two three times over the years.