Posted to alt.home.repair
DaveC DaveC is offline

Default removing toilet?

Thus spake Tony Pacc:

I would like to replace my toilet,but removing the tank is not too bad,but
I'm concerned about getting all the water that's trapped in the bowl,I have
to carry it through a carpeted area and my would wife shoot me if got water
on the carpet,it seems like you sponge all the water out,but there is always
a little left in bowl trap.Thanks for any suggestions.

Buy a turkey baster (huge eye-dropper thing). After flushing the toilet, suck
out what remains into a bucket. Unbolt the base and drain any remaining water
into the tub. Bag it and carry it outside.

Don't put the baster where a family member might grab it and put in the
kitchen draw for future use. I mark mine with permanent marker "For toilets
only!" before I begin the task, which should keep all English-speakers
apprised.

Good luck,
--
DaveC