Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Allison Robert Allison is offline

Default Where to find new face plate for dishwasher?

wrote:
I want to change the look of my old dishwasher to match new stainless
steel appliances.

It seems that the color of our dishwasher is determined by a very thin
metal face plate and if I just buy some metal the right size and shape,
I can change the color to SS by swapping them.

Question is, what type of place would sell a piece of something like
that? I'm calling around but someone may know of a web site that can
handle this for a reasonable fee. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Barbie

I have to do this all the time. People remodel their kitchens
or replace other appliances and want to match the dishwasher
to the new color scheme. I always remove the trim piece on
the side of th door and then pull out the existing panel.
Most front panels are two sided in that you can turn the panel
around and have a different color. Many DWs come with 2
panels and can be changed to as many as 4 different colors.

If yours does not have the color that you want, then call the
dealer in your area that sells your brand of dishwasher and
they will probably have replacement panels in most of the
popular colors. If they don't have them in stock, they can
order them. If you want a custom color, you can take the
panel you have and have it painted.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.