Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Brian C Brian C is offline

Default Badger Shaving Brush Knots

Pete & Kathy wrote:
I'd like to find a supplier for the knots (or plugs) of Badger Hair to glue
into the turned handles.

You could open a Badger hair salon and advertise cheap Badger hair
cuts/removal - I'm sure that the more sophisticated Badgers in your
area would patronize such a place. In addition to getting plenty of
Badger hair, this would provide a politically correct and renewable
hair source - you might even corner the Badger hair market with that.

Seariously, you could use those one of cheap brushes from the local
pharmacy and disassemble it. Of course if you know Johnny Five, you
wouldn't want that to mention that you are disassembling things to him.

BrianC