Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mike vore mike vore is offline

Default Badger Shaving Brush Knots

Pete & Kathy wrote:
Has anyone turned a Shaving brush handle?

I'd like to find a supplier for the knots (or plugs) of Badger Hair to glue
into the turned handles.

I found one supplier but price seems high.

See mine at OhMyWoodness.com They did get a little interest at a local craft
show, but at the price I was told they should sell for no body looked seriously.

Yes, the price does seem high, especially since buying a fully made Boar
Bristle brush at CVS is cheaper. Granted, the boar bristle brush handle is
made of plastic.

Don't mind those young whippersnappers that don't know what a good close shave
is really like. I'm glad their SO has tough skin and like whisker burn.

try blankity-blanks.com

mike

--
Mike Vore