Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default PVC for air

"Brian Elfert" wrote in message
"Mike Marlow" writes:

There is also DOT air hose used in trucks/buses with air brakes. You

can
buy it at any heavy truck dealer and you can also get compression
fittings. The 1/2" diameter should carry enough air for the average

shop.

Holy Cow Brian... $$$$$$$$

I just did a quick search online and found 1/2" DOT air line for 71 cents
per foot. This was at a street rod place, so a truck dealer should be
less.

71 cents a foot is a lot less than copper. don't know what black pipe
goes for these days.

There is a 500 foot roll on ebay for 35 cents a foot plus shipping.

Yeahbut, how much for getting connectors crimped on? Maybe in bulk it
really won't be so bad, but my first reaction was to the thought of what a
simple short length of pre-made air line can cost. I still would not go
with 1/2" line - too much air restriction over length.

--

-Mike-