Posted to uk.d-i-y
Staffbull Staffbull is offline

Default Speakers

Ron Lowe wrote:
"bodger" wrote in message

Not quite DIY but here goes.I have found an ancient pair of Wharfedale
bookshelf speakers in the depths of the garage and would like to wire
them up to my separates system to use in another room.There are the
remains of two wires on the terminals,one is grey the other is grey
with a black trace.Can anyone tell me which is positive and negative
please.

--
bodger

As others have said, so long as they are the same, it is OK.

However, does anyone remember the Emperors New Clothes days of the 70s and
80s where Hi-Fi mags, led on by certain manufacturers, jumped onto the
'Absolute Phase' bandwaggon?

This was not mainstream, I grant you, but a substantial minority of the
'golden ears' at the time subscribed to this.

The theory was that absolute phase needed to be maintained all the way from
the microphone to the speakers.

Ie: if the microphone diaphgram was being pushed away ( under positive
pressure ), the speaker cone should do likewise. And the reverse under
negative pressure.

Ahh, whatever happened to those people.

( I still have a Linn LP12 turntable, and a Naim tri-amp system driving
active Linn Isobariks! )

--
Ron

Ah, the sondek, exellent piece of kit :-), looking to get a s/h one as
I bought a systemdek/RB300 some 17 years ago, still sounds exellent.
Musical Fidelity is the way to go regards amps IMO amazing stuff over
the years.