Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Stirling Ian Stirling is offline

Default Speakers

bodger wrote:

Not quite DIY but here goes.I have found an ancient pair of Wharfedale
bookshelf speakers in the depths of the garage and would like to wire
them up to my separates system to use in another room.There are the
remains of two wires on the terminals,one is grey the other is grey
with a black trace.Can anyone tell me which is positive and negative
please.

If you really must know, take an AA battery, and connect across the
wires, while observing the speaker cone.
Compare all your speakers, so that they move the same way.

This doesn't matter across pairs of speakers, as long as they are wired
the same.
It also almost certainly doesn't matter between rooms.