Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bob `S` Bob `S` is offline

Default Badger Shaving Brush Knots

In message ,
Pete & Kathy writes
Has anyone turned a Shaving brush handle?

I'd like to find a supplier for the knots (or plugs) of Badger Hair to glue
into the turned handles.

I found one supplier but price seems high.

Thanks!

Pete

I would suggest using some other material, Badgers do not like giving
hair nowadays. We at least eat the meat of cattle before we use their
skin to make leather, we do not eat Badgers, well not in this country,
before using their hair. If you get some hair, make sure the cyanide gas
residue or damage done by Badger baiting is cleaned off first.
Bob `S`