Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default PVC for air

Frank Stutzman wrote in
:

I did my air in black iron pipe, mostly because of the dangers of
exploding PVC as already mentioned by other posters. In hindsight,
I'm wondering if I might have done better with PVC.

You're better without the PVC. If for nothing else but it allowing you
to be lazy.

All of my lines are in the walls of my shop. There is 1/2 inch
plywood on one side of them and steel siding on the other. I'd do
black iron pipe where it came through the wall, but other than that
the PVC would be well protected.

How are you going to show that off to friends that drop by?

Anybody wager a guess if an exploding 1 inch PVC pipe could go through
1/2 inch plywood? The pipes couldn't be hit by anything, but summer
heat might soften the PVC to the point it would burst

When that happens and you want to use the air again, you're probably
going to be quite impatient.

--
Frank Stutzman

Hm... looks like the virtues of a Perl programmer apply to more than just
Perl. :-)

http://www.netropolis.org/hash/perl/virtue.html (An explanation)

Puckdropper