Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Landscape Lights Dimming Towards End of Circuit

wrote:
Hi Joseph
Thanks for the reply.

Would voltage drop affect only the last four fixtures on the line and
each of them in exactly the same way?

It would effect all lamps once the voltage drop reached a certain level.
I do find it odd that four lamps would be affected the same way, but there
are possible reasons You also might want to try moving the first affected
and last non-effected lamps to the end; switching the end ones into their
locations.

I will check all the connections again on the weekend, these were not
the piercing kind, so it could well be my fault for doing a bad job
when connecting.

I will concider all your options and see how it works out.

Oh, I also wondered if LED bulbs would maybe solve my problem? I have
read on some sites that they are much more tolerant in conditions were
voltage drop exists.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit