Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Rog Rog is offline

Default Suitable wood for saucepan lid handle

Hi,

I'm in the UK and have been wood turning for about four years now. Over
those years I've lurked this group on a regular basis.

I need to replace the handle/knob off a saucepan lid and was wondering
what would be a suitable wood to use (and available in the UK) to
withstand the heat and steam. The existing knob is a light coloured
wood (yellowy orange) but I've no idea what.

All suggestions appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Rog

http://www.usenet.com