Posted to chi.general,alt.autos.toyota.camry,misc.consumers.house
kenji kenji is offline

Default How to keep locks from getting frozen?

In article , Michele
wrote:

kenji wrote:
In article ,
"Ron T." wrote:

One good application, and the lock is good for the rest of the winter.

speaking of locks, there was some slight drama in my alley last night. Guy
dumped a stolen car in my alley and got into another stolen vehicle to get
away
from someone chasing him. He leaves the first stolen vehicle running. I
called
police and when they show up they show me how he got it started.

you take a screwdriver thingie that's knurled like a drill bit and jam it
into
the keyslot of the ignition. Once it's jammed in there you hit it with a
hammer
then take a visegrips get ahold of the jammed driver and pull the guts of
the
keyslot out of the steering wheel. You then short the wire leads to start
the
car. Cop reenacted it for me which was cool.

How old was the car? When some scumbags tried to do that to my '99
Silverado, the gas pump shut off so they couldn't get anywhere.

Michele

Stolen car left in front of my garage running was a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
The thief had crunched the left rear quarter panel probaly going around an icey
turn. The second vehicle he got into which was also stolen was a fullsize
van...conversion van with the ladder and the pleated curtains in all the
windows. The daughter saw the van and the van's driver, not me.