Posted to uk.d-i-y
Antix Antix is offline

Default 60kg hanging 26" from the wall - what anchor to use :-)

Thanks for all the advice guys ! Job done and it was still on the wall
this morning when I left for work :-)

I used about 4-5 resin studs (M8) top and bottom, backed up by 2 shield
anchors top and bottom. That resin (Fischer V 360) caught me out tho !
I filled 10 holes up with resin but by the time I got to the 8th, it
had already set ! not particularly worried tho as they were the last 2
on the bottom and I figured I probably have enough support now to
handle a tonne.

It's still scary seeing a 42" plasma hanging in mid-air off the wall
tho...will take some time to get used to !

For the shield anchors btw, I drilled deep enough to set the anchor
colar behind the plaster (i.e as far into the brick as I could without
going all the way through). I then carved a couple of matchsticks to a
flat point and wedged them between the colar and the brick to keep the
anchor in place whilst I tightened the bolts. This prevented them from
being pulled back out to mate with the mounting plate so instead they
stayed in situe, fully within the brick.

Let's hope the wall holds up :-)

Ant.