Posted to uk.d-i-y
Suz Suz is offline

Default types of light sensor

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Suz wrote:

First question:
Thinking of a door activated sensor for the attic bathroom as it will
have a fire door and I won't be passing to notice the light left on. Is
this possible?

A bathroom is a "non habitable" room for building regs purposes, so you
can do without a firedoor if you want. This would allow use of a door with
a frosted glass panel for example.

Not motion sensor only because my girls won't go in if the light isn't on
already. But it would need a motion sensor too so it doesn't go dark
while they are parked reading the Beano. Can't put a motion senor
outside the door as it is at the very top of the stairs and would get
triggered too often.

Any example of a 'door' switch and motion sensor in operation together?

You could do all sorts of nifty stuff, although I expect a switch with
neon indicator would do well enough. You could make it two way switched so
that you can turn the light off without having to go up there.

--
Cheers,

John.

Ah this is what Owain probably meant. Sounds quite good, but again it
depends on me passing and noticing at some point. If it is too far away
from the bathroom, how would I know if one of the wee beggars are in there
or not?