Posted to uk.d-i-y
Suz Suz is offline

Default types of light sensor

"Owain" wrote in message
Suz wrote:
Thinking of a door activated sensor for the attic bathroom as it will
have a fire door and I won't be passing to notice the light left on. Is
this possible? Not motion sensor only because my girls won't go in if
the light isn't on already. But it would need a motion sensor too so it
doesn't go dark while they are parked reading the Beano. Can't put a
motion senor outside the door as it is at the very top of the stairs and
would get triggered too often.

Bathrooms don't usually need fire doors even on loft conversions, because
they are classed as being a low risk source of ignition or fuel.

Why not have a light switch with neon indicator outside the bathroom door,
with a repeater neon indicator somewhere downstairs?

Owain

Hiking up the stairs to switch it off or shouting "Turn that flaming light
of"? I prefer it to happen automatically.