Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Tips and tricks, toilet flapper chain?

Eric in North TX wrote:
I have never seen a "knotting" problem with any kind. I have had a
problem with a link (usually the top one) going sideways when flushing
and then not letting the ball fully close. That is simple to correct,
just hang a small fishing weight from the link. That ends that
problem.

Harry K

That would likely work.

It works for sure. Of course on my toilet it took me several _years_
to figure that out. Used to be that toilet would 'stick' about every
2nd or 3rd flush. None at all after I hung the weight from that link.
Of course I just replaced that toilet with a "Toto". Wish I had known
about those fantastic fixtures years ago. No more double or triple
flushes to get the job done.

Harry K