Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Knob & Tube and Cloth Shielded Wiring

Steve Barker LT spake thus:

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
news
This is not true either. Many companies don't ask or don't have a problem
with properly maintained K&T wiring.

Please name ONE, and provide cites.

I'll not humor you by providing proof. All I can tell you is there are
literally hundreds of early 1900's homes in the town i live in with K&T
wiring and I'll bet a dollar they're all insured. My wife and I have looked
personally at about a dozen as investment possibilities, and about half of
them had all or some K&T wiring. The one we ended up buying had remnants of
it, but none in use.

Believe me, i'm not uninformed on the subject. Perhaps i just live in an
area that not so ANAL about **** that don't matter.

I can verify this as well. I work on lots of houses that were built when
knob & tube and ungrounded NM cable were the standard; all of them are
insured and would pass a local inspection.

you're curious but don't really care about the quality of your knowledge.

- Matthew White's WikiWatch (http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/wikiwoo.htm)