Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Knob & Tube and Cloth Shielded Wiring

Charlie Morgan wrote:
On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 16:42:17 -0500, "RBM" rbm2(remove
wrote:

Let me clarify. You can connect it to your main cold water pipe within five
feet of where it enters the building. You can also connect it to the fuse
box or anything that is grounding the fuse box

No you can't. Bad advice.

CWM

Well, the water pipe should be bonded; it just shouldn't be used as a
primary ground. I agree, the correct method would be to use grounding
stakes (several) and ground the panel that way and then bond the water
pipe to the panel (as well as installing bonding jumpers around the
meter and the HWH)

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.