Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich256 Rich256 is offline

Default Wall gas heater wasteful

aspasia wrote:
On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 22:25:39 GMT, "news"
wrote:

Does your wall heater have a fan? If not, replace it because it is very
inefficient.

No, it doesn't have a fan, and yes it is very inefficient. [1]
However, I'm not ready to go to the expense of replacing it for the
minimal use I would make of it, or any, room heater, given the short
duration of our "winter" and my general preference for cooler temps.
Nor is the situation worth installing a ceiling fan, but thanks for
all for those kind suggestions.

[1] When I bought the house, it had two floor furnaces that really
did the job. Unfortunately, I left something on one of the grates,
there was a fire, and in the process of redoing the house, I --
foolishly as it turns out -- opted for wall heater instead of
reinstalling the floor furnaces. (They DID take up a lot of room,
but they also heated much better.) Oh well...What with global
warming, all this will soon be moot.

I had a furnace like that when I lived there many years ago. I just
used an ordinary fan on those occasions when I used it.