Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Knob & Tube and Cloth Shielded Wiring

KLS wrote:
On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 17:00:40 -0500, "RBM" rbm2(remove
wrote:

You squawk a lot about the impossibility of insuring houses with K&T wiring.
I can tell you for a fact, as a licensed electrical contractor for over
thirty years, I have MANY customers in Westchester county, NY with K&T in
their homes, and believe it or not, they ALL have homeowner insurance

A house with K&T is not unsaleable necessarily. Take a chill pill,
hallberb.

I challenge you and espically the OP to call a major insurer like state
farm allstate etc and ask if they WILL INSURE A NEW CUSTOMER BUYING A
K&T WIRED HOME TODAY!

Someone else posted they HAD to upgrade to get rid of K&T to have
insurance, a good friend had that happen too. after his homeowners
company was sold.

insurance today is risk adverse.

I stand by my statement!

state farm is just one example they dont write new policies on K&T
homes but do keep existing customers. State farm said if theres a fire
or claim they require K&T is elminated