Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Knob & Tube and Cloth Shielded Wiring

When "because charlie morgan says" becomes the bible on electrical wiring,
I'll listen to you, but until then I tend to go by the "National Electric
Code", which backs up my statements in the section referenced

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 17:56:15 -0500, "RBM" rbm2(remove
wrote:

If you own a code book you can read section 250.131C

It is illegal in all 50 states to use cold water pipes for ground. That
has been
true for many years. Cold water pipes should be bonded for safety, but
they are
not allowed as a point for grounding wiring.

CWM