Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] bigjim@backpacker.com is offline

Default Knob & Tube and Cloth Shielded Wiring

How does insurance know what type of wiring is in the house? When they
inspected my 1935 house they only took pictures of outside and measure
square footage outside. They never came inside.

wrote:
The NEW owner probably couldnt get homeowners insurance and ANYONE you
try selling too is going to have the same issues. Plus you now MUST
disclose this problem to all perspective buyers!

You would of MUCH better off discounting the home price by the cost of
rewiring and selling the home. This isnt just a problem for THIS BUYER
its now a problem for all buyers!

Incidently the marginal cost between a 100 amp and 200 amp service
upgrade is VERY little....... I once went from 60 to 100 amps and now
need a 200 amp upgrade.

That difference is likley only a couple hundred bucks.......

What was sale price of home? What was rewire cost?

Sadly you cant fix K&T to make it insurance OK............

Sate farm will NEVER insure a home purchased today with K&T I asked my