Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 1/4 turn ceramic disc basin taps

The Central Authority wrote:
On 3 Dec 2006 13:44:48 -0800, "SilverWrinkly"
wrote:

Does anyone know where I can get replacement cartridges for these
taps? Originally supplied by Aston-Matthews in 1991, they are no
longer manufactured. I did once get spare cartridges from C.P. Hart
but they can't supply them any more.
C.P. Hart's code for a replacement hot cartridge was: XLIBAGH. No
idea of the code for the cold one and It's the cold that I need. The
cartridge is about 23mm diameter over the widest part (the thread
that it screws into the tap body with) and about 74mm long,
including a 9mm dia. by 27mm long spindle with splines at the top
that fit into the operating lever.

If anyone knows a supplier of these, I will be very grateful for the
information.

AFAIK a "Hot" tap is identical to a "Cold".

Not with quarter turn ceramic cartridges. They have to be 'handed'.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman