Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 1/4 turn ceramic disc basin taps

Does anyone know where I can get replacement cartridges for these taps?
Originally supplied by Aston-Matthews in 1991, they are no longer
manufactured. I did once get spare cartridges from C.P. Hart but they
can't supply them any more.
C.P. Hart's code for a replacement hot cartridge was: XLIBAGH. No idea
of the code for the cold one and It's the cold that I need. The
cartridge is about 23mm diameter over the widest part (the thread that
it screws into the tap body with) and about 74mm long, including a 9mm
dia. by 27mm long spindle with splines at the top that fit into the
operating lever.

If anyone knows a supplier of these, I will be very grateful for the
information.

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 3 Dec 2006 13:44:48 -0800, SilverWrinkly wrote:

Does anyone know where I can get replacement cartridges for these taps?

Take the old one along to a decent plumber merchant and see what they
have. I suspect that these parts are fairly standard.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Does anyone know where I can get replacement cartridges for these taps?
Originally supplied by Aston-Matthews in 1991, they are no longer
manufactured. I did once get spare cartridges from C.P. Hart but they
can't supply them any more.
C.P. Hart's code for a replacement hot cartridge was: XLIBAGH. No idea
of the code for the cold one and It's the cold that I need. The
cartridge is about 23mm diameter over the widest part (the thread that
it screws into the tap body with) and about 74mm long, including a 9mm
dia. by 27mm long spindle with splines at the top that fit into the
operating lever.

If anyone knows a supplier of these, I will be very grateful for the
information.

AFAIK a "Hot" tap is identical to a "Cold".

DG

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Does anyone know where I can get replacement cartridges for these taps?
Originally supplied by Aston-Matthews in 1991, they are no longer
manufactured. I did once get spare cartridges from C.P. Hart but they
can't supply them any more.
C.P. Hart's code for a replacement hot cartridge was: XLIBAGH. No idea
of the code for the cold one and It's the cold that I need. The
cartridge is about 23mm diameter over the widest part (the thread that
it screws into the tap body with) and about 74mm long, including a 9mm
dia. by 27mm long spindle with splines at the top that fit into the
operating lever.

If anyone knows a supplier of these, I will be very grateful for the
information.

AFAIK a "Hot" tap is identical to a "Cold".

....other than it usually turns the other way...

To the OP - what is up with it, is it dripping or has it gone stiff?

Our bathroom basin taps went stiff, so I took the cartridge apart and
cleaned and re greased the spindle, works like new now :-)

If you do need a replacement, make sure you take the handle with you too, as
the spindles are different sizes.

Sparks...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 23:09:59 +0000, The Central Authority wrote:

AFAIK a "Hot" tap is identical to a "Cold".

Depending in tap design hot and cold might be "handed". Our kitchen mono
block 1/4 turn jobbie has both hot and cold turned on by moving the top
of the tap handle away from you. Hot is clockwise on, cold is
anticlockwise on.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Does anyone know where I can get replacement cartridges for these
taps? Originally supplied by Aston-Matthews in 1991, they are no
longer manufactured. I did once get spare cartridges from C.P. Hart
but they can't supply them any more.
C.P. Hart's code for a replacement hot cartridge was: XLIBAGH. No
idea of the code for the cold one and It's the cold that I need. The
cartridge is about 23mm diameter over the widest part (the thread
that it screws into the tap body with) and about 74mm long,
including a 9mm dia. by 27mm long spindle with splines at the top
that fit into the operating lever.

If anyone knows a supplier of these, I will be very grateful for the
information.

AFAIK a "Hot" tap is identical to a "Cold".

Not with quarter turn ceramic cartridges. They have to be 'handed'.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

AFAIK a "Hot" tap is identical to a "Cold".

Not with quarter turn ceramic cartridges. They have to be 'handed'.

Indeed - but you can often convert them by taking the discs out and putting
them back the other way round.
--
Cheers,
Roger

How do I turn a disc? Andrew VK3BFA Metalworking 14 April 17th 06 09:58 PM
Prolong the life of your sink and basin taps - by many many years! AL UK diy 10 October 17th 05 12:20 AM
basin taps combo Arthur UK diy 12 July 15th 05 09:35 PM
Taps on basin keep moving John Stumbles UK diy 1 August 12th 03 08:42 AM
Champagne mixer basin taps Martin UK diy 5 July 14th 03 09:48 AM