Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Tips and tricks, toilet flapper chain?

On 3 Dec 2006 08:12:41 -0800, "Eric in North TX"
wrote:

If the chain is getting knotted up, you have it too long. Shorten
the chain so there is just a little slack when the flapper is
closed and the handle up.

--
Keith

Tried that, but I don't get a good flush, it seems to need a little
slack for the flapper to work properly. I have maybe 1/4" slack, but
the problem occurs when the flapper is up.

The flush handle may have several holes to attach the chain; one at
the end, one center and one close to the handle. I have made
adjustments by selecting a different hole to secure the chain.

--
Oren

excused from saving Universes."