Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default power surge blew fuse in stereo

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, a power surge blew a fuse (2A/250V) in my shelf stereo system (JVC
MX-J10). I replaced it, but as soon as I plug in power, it blows out
immediately. Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks in advance!

Is this the line power input fuse ? In what way does it blow - with a soft
blue flash or violently with a bright white flash and total vapourisation of
the fuse wire ( inside of glass blackened ) ?

Are you replacing with the correct fuse type - almost certainly " T " rated
?

I see many HiFi's with a blown fuse after some kind of power surge - often
due to power interuptions when there's storms about, and I actually find it
quite rare on modern equipment for there to be any issue other than the
fuse. That's not to say, of course, that surges are nothing to do with your
problem, and it has plain and simple just gone wrong.

Arfa